Back up a database in my Linux Hosting account
Here's how to use cPanel to create a manual backup of your website's database in Linux Hosting.
Note: We can also do this for you automatically with Website Backup.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to backup, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Files section, click Backup Wizard.
- In the cPanel Backup Wizard page, click Back Up.
- Below Select Partial Backup, select MySQL Databases.
- Below Final Step, in the Databases list click the database filename. If your web browser prompts you to save the file, select OK.
- You can use this backup to restore your database if there's a problem.
- For additional help, see the cPanel documentation for Backup Wizard.