Cancel two-step verification
Cancel two-step verification (2SV) at any time using the device (smartphone, tablet, computer or hardware security key) you originally set up for 2SV. If you don’t have access to the device, you can send your request to us directly and we can disable it for you.
I've got that device (or my backup)
- Go to your GoDaddy Login & PIN page.
- You might be prompted to log in. If you enabled 2SV, this is when to enter the code we send you, the code from your authentication app, or insert your security key.
- In the Two-Step Verification area, select Edit.
- Select Delete next to the authentication method you want to remove (below How do you want to receive verification codes?).
- Select Remove. We'll turn off 2SV immediately.
- If you set a backup method for 2SV, be sure to repeat steps 3 through 5 for the backup method.
I don't have access to that device (or a backup)
To cancel 2SV when you no longer have access to your 2SV device (lost your phone, etc.), send us your request and a copy of your photo ID and we’ll be happy to help you out.
- Visit our Request to disable 2SV page and select Get Started.
- Under Account Information, enter your Customer Number and select Next.
- If you don’t have your Customer Number, complete the Forgot Username process to see both your username and Customer Number.
- Under Your Contact Information, enter your First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Phone Number, then select Next.
- This email needs to match the email address that's on your account. If you need to update the email address on file, update your email at www.changeupdate.com.
- Under Provide Identification, upload a color copy of your government-issued photo identification card. The copy must be in color and show a complete name and signature, date of birth, date of issue and expiration date, and the person pictured must be clearly identifiable. Select Next.
- Under Company Information, verify whether a company is listed as the account holder, then select Next.
- Under Confirmations and Agreements, check the box to agree to the terms and conditions, then complete the security challenge. Select Finish to submit your request.
Note: This process is currently experiencing a large volume of requests. We are working diligently to respond as quickly as possible.