Connect my website to another domain
By default, your New Website Builder site's web address is based on what you named it when first setting up New Website Builder — with .godaddysites.com added at the end. If you want to use another address (domain) for your site, you have three options:
- Buy a new GoDaddy domain
- Use a GoDaddy domain you already own
- Use a non-GoDaddy domain you bought from another company
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- Click Edit/Edit Site.
Note: If you have an Online Store, first click Manage Store and then click Edit/Edit Site.
- Click Change at the top where your website's address appears.
- If you have an unused domain from GoDaddy or any other company, click I already own a domain.
Note: Based on the first part of your free address (in this example, forcastfutures), GoDaddy suggests new domains available for purchase or lets you Search More Domains. If you do buy a new domain, use this same article to connect it to your New Website Builder site.
- By default, your Free GoDaddy URL is selected in the Domain Settings window. To switch to another address (domain) you already own, click the My Domain menu.
- To use a domain bought from GoDaddy, select one of the menu choices above the solid line, and skip to Step 12.
- To use a domain bought from any other company, select Add an external domain.
- Enter the external domain in the Domain Name field. (The Looks good! message simply confirms that the address is properly formatted — not that you own the domain or that it's available.)
- Now log into your external domain provider's website and find where to change that domain's A record. (If you have any trouble, contact that domain provider for support.)
- Update the A record by entering the appropriate IP address below based on the area closest to your location.
Use Nearest Server Location Enter IP address U.S. East Coast 126.96.36.199 U.S. West Coast 188.8.131.52 Europe 184.108.40.206 Asia 220.127.116.11
Note: Some external domain providers may also ask for a pin or authorization code. See ¿Cómo obtengo un código de autorización para transferirte mi nombre de dominio?.
- Log out from the other domain provider's site and continue to the next step.
- In New Website Builder, click Save & Publish.
- If you're switching to a GoDaddy domain, you'll usually see a Your site is live! notice after a few moments, and you can then click View Site to see your website with its new address.
Note: It can take up to 72 hours for a connection to a non-GoDaddy (external) domain to take effect. You can check when it's live by clicking View Site.