Migrate my WordPress site manually
Manually moving a WordPress site into your Pro Managed WordPress account is complex and can be confusing if you don't know your way around a couple of pieces of software generally used by IT people - specifically, an FTP client like FileZilla, an SSH client like Terminal, the old-school command line interface, and phpMyAdmin, a database management app.
Note: Give yourself 30-60 minutes to complete all six parts.
This procedure will walk you all the way through manually moving a WordPress site into your GoDaddy Pro Managed WordPress account. This procedure may not work for moving a WordPress site into a different hosting environment. Try this procedure only if the auto-migration tool wasn't able to move your WordPress site on its own.
Manually moving a WordPress site into your Managed WordPress account has these six parts:
- Part 1: Copy the wp-content folder for the WordPress site you want to move.
- Part 2: Make an SQL dump file of the database for the WordPress site you want to move.
- Part 3: Upload the site content to a Managed WordPress site in your account.
- Part 4: Update the site database in your Managed WordPress account.
- Part 5: Change the table prefixes throughout the database (if necessary).
- Part 6: Make final edits to the Managed WordPress site files.
Note: Each of these parts assume you already have a Pro Managed WordPress account.