What do I do if I have trouble connecting to my email account?
You can always use Workspace Webmail to send and receive email messages. If you are having trouble connecting to your email account through an email client, there are several troubleshooting steps you can take.
BEFORE YOU START: To set up your email client with your email, you need to know your POP or IMAP Email Server Settings and ports. To find them, go to the Email Setup Center and write down the information that displays under Email Server Settings.
Check Your SMTP Relay Settings
Make sure you have set up SMTP Relay in your email account. For more information about setting up SMTP Relay, see Checking your SMTP Relay Settings.
Check Your Mail Server Names
To find these settings, go to the Email Setup Center and log in with your email address and password. (Alternatively, you can also access the Email Setup Center From Web-Based Email. Just go to Tools and click Email Setup Center.) Look for the following:
- Servidor de correo entrante
- Outgoing mail server used for SMTP relaying
Check Your Port Settings
Your internet provider might block your email clients' default port settings. If they do, you can use these alternative ports. You only need to select the port based on the server name you're using.
|SMTP||Outgoing||25, 80, 3535|
Check for Email or Email Account Problems
NOTE: See Email Account Limitations for maximum email and attachment size as well as other limitations that may affect your ability to send email.
- Check the size of your message
- Check the number of email addresses on the email
- Make sure you haven't exceeded your daily relay limit
One relay consists of one email message sent to each person using the SMTP service. So if you send one email message to 30 people, it counts as 30 relays. Relays are counted on a daily basis.
Check Information on Setting up Your Email Account to Work with a Specific Email Client
- Setting up Your IMAP or POP Address in Microsoft Outlook 2007
- Setting up Your IMAP or POP Address in Outlook Express
- Setting up Your IMAP or POP Address in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Setting up Your IMAP or POP Address in Microsoft Entourage
- Setting up Your IMAP or POP Address in Apple Mail
NOTA: Por cortesía, proporcionamos información sobre cómo utilizar ciertos productos de terceros, pero ni respaldamos ni apoyamos directamente productos de terceros, ni tampoco somos responsables de las funciones o confiabilidad de dichos productos.